AMTRAS project aims to decrease preparation and assembly of different multifunctional testing benches based on:
- The development of a flexible multiaxis actuator.
- The development of a new shape-adaptive flexible tooling system to be used on clamping systems.
- The development of a new deformation monitoring based on machine vision.
- The integration of the technologies developed to get a new multifunctional Tests Rigs for multidimensional and multishape panels and structural test on Tail unit.
According to this and the topic scope, AMTRAS project will face four main challenges:
Objective 1: To design and develop flexible mechanical systems for integration on adaptive multifunctional Tests Rigs
- To design shape-adaptive flexible tooling system.
- To design Test Rig platform with several mounting position to ensure multishape adaptability.
Objective 2: To develop new monitoring systems based on machine vision
- To define Non-contact monitoring technology applied to online distortion measurement for aeronautical structures and defects detection.
- To develop a Machine Vision based deformation monitoring and measurement system.
Objective 3: To develop a numerical simulation model based on FEM
- To develop numerical simulations tools to assist the conceptual/design/manufacturing stages of the adaptive multifunctional Test Rigs.
- To perform high accuracy numerical simulation models to predict the results of the Tests.
Objective 4: To integrate and validate adaptive multifunctional Tests Rigs
- To develop an adaptive multifunctional Test Rig for structural test of multidimensional and multishape panels.
- To develop an adaptive multifunctional Test Rig for structural test on Tail unit.
- To Start-up the test bench and performing the first operating tests and fine adjustment in the AIMEN facilities.
- Delivery and final validation and adjustment in Topic Manager facilities.